The mission of the Euless Gurmat School is to give students knowledge and appreciation of the Sikh way of life and their rich Sikh heritage.
More about the School
The goal of the Euless Gurmat School is to teach students Punjabi language, literature, history, Gurmat Sangeet, practice and promote religious, cultural and social values based on the concept of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s universal message of brotherhood as taught by ten Sikh Gurus and Guru Granth Sahib Ji.
The mission is accomplished in three ways:
- Knowledge of Punjabi and Gurmukhi script is provided through a systematic and comprehensive Punjabi program. The main objective of Punjabi Curriculum is to enables the students to read the Sikh scriptures, the Guru Granth Sahib. A secondary objective is to develop Punjabi literacy skills and bring awareness of the rich cultural heritage in the youth and instill pride in their Sikh identity.
- Knowledge of Sikh history and Gurbani is provided through a systematic Gurmat program. The main objective of the Gurmat program is to impart knowledge of the Sikh values through teaching of the Sikh history and Gurbani.
- Sikh way of life is demonstrated through community service and Gurdwara related activities.
Keeping these goals in mind, the School curriculum has been developed into a comprehensive document that includes instruction in the fields of reading, writing and speaking Punjabi, memorization of Gurbani, and instruction in other important aspects of Sikh history. The students progress through various levels of instruction. There are various levels of instruction in Punjabi language and Gurmat Sangeet. Each level focuses on a number of concepts to be mastered by each student.
We hope that when the students graduate from the Euless Gurmat School, they will be able to:
- Demonstrate the knowledge of Sikh way of life
- Read Punjabi and Gurbani fluently
- Write Punjabi with ease
- Speak Punjabi in social settings
The school is in session 9 months of the year, and the children are off for summer break for 3 months. The school is staffed by 2 teachers per classroom, including some of our recent graduates, and a group of parent volunteers.
Please contact the Principal Mrs. Jaspal Kaur with any questions here.